Randall Cooper is leading sports physiotherapist whose main area of interest in knee injury and rehabilitation. He has consulted from the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre since 1999, and has considerable experience in elite sport having worked with a variety of Australia’s most notable sporting organisations including the Hawthorn Football Club, Australian Winter Olympic Team, and the Victorian Institute of Sport.
Although Randall Cooper has worked with elite athletes in a variety of sports, he is just as committed to helping people of all athletic abilities return to what they love to do.
Randall Cooper takes an active role in educating others, having presented and lectured at a large number of national and international conferences and meetings. He is an Adjunct Lecturer at the La Trobe University‘s Sports and Exercise Medicine Research Centre, and has co-authored book chapters in the past 4 editions of Brukner & Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine.
Randall Cooper sits on the examination panel for the Australian College of Physiotherapists Sports Specialisation Program. Specialisation as awarded by the Australian College of Physiotherapists is a title conferred to physiotherapists who have attained the highest level of expertise in their particular field of physiotherapy in Australia.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Physiotherapist – Australian Winter Olympic Team (2006)
- Physiotherapist – Olympic Winter Institute of Australia (2003 – 2010)
- Physiotherapist – Hawthorn Football Club (2004 – 2010)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Institute of Sport Baseball Academy (1999 – 2007)
- Physiotherapist – Australian Football League Field Umpires (2001 – 2004)
- Physiotherapist – Team Buller Freestyle Ski Team (1999 – 2002)
- Physiotherapist – Melbourne Vicentre Swimming Squad (2001)
- Physiotherapist – Australian Baseball Federation/MLB program (2002)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Claxton Shield Baseball Team (Aces) (1999 – 2002)
- Physiotherapist – Melbourne Monarchs ABL Team (1997 – 1999)
- Physiotherapist – State U18 Baseball Team (1999 – 2000)
- Physiotherapist – Old Haileyburians Amateur Football Club (1997)
- Physiotherapist – Sandringham Dragons Football Club (1995 – 1997)
- Physiotherapist – Brighton Grammar School 1st & 2nd XVIII (1996)
Research / Publications
Professional Conference Presentations
- Soft Tissue Therapy in Elite Sport, SMART Conference, Hong Kong, 2016
- Return to Sport following ACL Reconstruction, Australian Physiotherapy Conference, Melbourne, 2013
- Proprioceptive and balance exercise following ACL reconstruction, Sports Medicine Australia Annual Conference, Alice Springs, October 2004
- Screening and rehabilitation of the shoulder, Football Australasia, Melbourne, October 2003
- Proprioceptive and balance exercise following ACL reconstruction, Sports Physiotherapy Australia Inaugural Conference, Gold Coast, February 2003
- Getting the injured athlete back on the field, Soft Tissue Injury Forum, Melbourne, November 2002
- Current Australian trends in rehabilitation following ACL reconstruction, The Sporting Knee Symposium, Melbourne, May 2002
- Current Australian trends in rehabilitation following ACL reconstruction, Australian Knee Society Annual Meeting, Hobart, October 2000
Make a booking
Select from one of the locations below to make a booking.