Mary Kinch is a current and founding partner of OPSMC. She is an APA Titled Sports Physiotherapist and a trained Pilates practitioner. With more than 25 years Sports Medicine experience she has a vast range of both team and clinical experience.
Achievements include working with Melbourne and Geelong AFL teams, the Australian Swim team, Australian Paralympic Swim team, Diving Victoria and Victorian Junior Indoor and Field Hockey teams. She is currently a consultant to Hockey Victoria and to several Cycling groups (road and trail).
Mary has extensive physiotherapy experience and special interest in:
- Shoulder injuries (both surgical and non-surgical)
- Postural and sporting shoulder issues
- Knee and ankle rehabilitation
- Spinal physiotherapy / rehabilitation
- Child / adolescent sport-specific injuries (overuse and acute)
- Sports (especially AFL, swimming, hockey, snow sports, netball, diving, gymnastics and dance)
Mary has a strong interest/knowledge in all sports – both the biomechanics and skill acquisition aspects. (Her first Degree was in Physical Education).
She currently enjoys trail and road cycling as a recreational sport.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Consultant Physiotherapist – Melbourne Cycling meet-up group plus Ghostriders Cycling group
- Consultant – Brunswick Hockey Club, MCC hockey club, (Present)
- Consultant – Circus Oz (Present)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Junior Indoor Hockey team (2005-2010)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Junior Hockey team (outdoor/field) (2007-2009)
- Consultant – Ariels Netball Club
- Physiotherapist – Geelong Football Club (1983– 1986)
- Physiotherapist – Melbourne Football Club (1987-1991)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Diving team and Victorian Swim team (1990-1998)
- Physiotherapist – Australian Swim team
- Physiotherapist – Australian Paralympic Swim Team (1994–1997)
- Physiotherapist for Melbourne Football Club (Grand Final year), 1988
- Selected as Australian Olympic Swim Team Physiotherapist, Atlanta 1996