Despite the early introduction to sport with school athletics, calisthenics, and later as an aerobics instructor, Lily realised she was not destined for a career as an athlete. Although, she later discovered that as a Massage Therapist she could still be involved with sport by working with the athletes from a range of sports, including: athletics, ironman, kayaking, rowing, swimming, ballet, wheelchair sports and netball. Her special interests include tennis, cycling and winter sports.
As the team soigneur, Lily completed twelve Herald Sun Tours, working with several visiting international road cycling teams. Her work in cycling led to her to the Australian Paralympic Cycling Team, with whom she travelled as they prepared for major world events, and to the team’s most successful medal performance in the 2004 Athens Paralympic Games, and the 2006 IPC World Track Championships in Switzerland.
Other highlights for Lily were her role in the Polyclinic in the Athlete’s Village at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games in her home town, and working as the team Massage Therapist for the Australian Paralympic Team in Beijing 2008.
Lily’s current team involvements are with Melbourne Storm Rugby NRL (since 2007), Essendon Football Club (AFL) (since 2009), and the Australian Tennis Open (since 2007). She also works as a locum Massage Therapist for the Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS).
Since 2010 Lily began teaching Dry Needling and more recently Electrotherapies to Myotherapy students at Melbourne Institute of Massage Therapy (MIMT). Her teaching has extended to provide professional development education to members of Massage and Myotherapists Australia with which she is still involved.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Massage Therapist – Player Medical, Australian Tennis Open (2007-Present)
- Team Massage Therapist – Australian Paralympic Team, Beijing Paralympic Games (2008)
- Team Massage Therapist & Soigneur – Herald Sun Tour international teams (1997-2008)
- Team Massage Therapist – Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club Premierships (2007)
- Massage Therapist – Athletes Village Polyclinic, Melbourne Commonwealth Games (2006)
- Team Massage Therapist – Australian Paralympic Cycling Team, IPC Track World Cup Championships (2005)
- Team Massage Therapist – Australian Paralympic Cycling Team, Athens Paralympic Games (2004)
- Massage Therapist – Melbourne Soccer, Sydney Olympic Games (2000)
Research / Publications
Professional Conference Presentations
- Presenter – AAMT National Conference – Applied Anatomy and Practical Techniques for Neck Pain, (May 2016)
- Presenter – OPSMC Soft Tissue Injury Forum – Treatment of Piriformis Pain, (2000)
- Presenter – OPSMC Soft Tissue Injury Forum – Children and Adolescents’ Sporting Injuries, (1999)
- Presenter – AAMT Professional Development Workshops and Webinars: A Clinical Approach to the Treatment of the Shoulder, (2014-2015); Introduction to TMJ Syndrome – The
- Management of Headaches, Orofacial Pain and Bruxism, (2015-2016)