Leigh joined OPSMC in late 1989. Earlier that year, he began a 20-year association with Melbourne Football Club (Dee’s) and in 1991, a 22-year association with Melbourne University (Sport).
Leigh headed the Soft Tissue Department at OPSMC through the late 90’s and early 2000’s and was Head of Department at Melbourne Football Club and Melbourne University (Sport) for the duration of his time with both.
With 30 years’ massage experience, Leigh doesn’t specialise in any particular area but he does a lot of neck, shoulder and arm dysfunction massage therapy, and believes computers are god’s gift to Massage Therapists!
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Massage Therapist (HOD) – Melbourne Football Club (1989-2009)
- Massage Therapist – Melbourne University Sport (1991-2013) World University Games, Majorca, Spain (1999), Beijing, China (2001)
- Massage Therapist – PGA Tour (Australian Masters open) 2006
- Massage Therapist – Iron Man Foster (2002-2009)
- Represented OPSMC at most national and state athletic and swimming competitions throughout the 90’s and early 2000’s
- Most memorable sporting experiences:
Marching with the Australian team into the opening Ceremony of the Beijing World University Games with 60,000 in the stadium; Trying on my “official” Australian Tracksuit for size, seeing my image in the mirror and realising, along with 150 other Aussies I was to represent my fabulous country!