Gary Cairnduff is an APA Titled Sports Physiotherapist with 25 years of experience. Gary’s clinical interests are in the management of tendon pathology, knee pain, neck and back pain and the management of headache and in pain management. Gary Cairnduff has a special interest in the management of cyclists of all disciplines, ages and abilities.
Gary has developed a specialised cyclist assessment screening which enables the cyclist to achieve the optimal cycling position, and works to create programs to maximise performance and treat/ prevent injury. Gary believes that the difference between a fitting carried out at a bike shop and a PhysioBikeFit is the comprehensive analysis of the bio-mechanics and pathomechanics of injury involved when assessing a cyclist. Bicycles may be similar, but no two cyclists are the same. Only a physiotherapist specialised in the assessment of the sport and the sportsperson can bring you this.
Common problems treated include:
- Lower back and neck pain
- Knee pain
- Loss of power
- Hand numbness and tingling
- Problems of the delicate “undercarriage”
- Reduced cycling performance
Gary has also worked with Australian Rules Football in the VFL, Rugby Union, Track and Field athletes, Volleyball and Hockey players, and he enjoys working with athletes of all levels from the recreational to the elite.
Gary Cairnduff’s other areas of interest include:
- Dry needling
- Clinical Pilates (having completed levels 1-4 of Pilates training at DMA)
- The McKenzie method of spinal treatment
- Manual therapy skills including “Maitland’ joint mobilisation
- Massage and Trigger Point Therapy
- Exercise Prescription for rehabilitation.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Physiotherapist – Sandringham Football Club (VFL) (1999-2005) (premiers 2000, 2004)
- Physiotherapist – Victorian Rugby Union (2001-2002)
- Physiotherapist – Australian Rugby Union Officials, Rugby World Cup, Australia (2003)
- Physiotherapist – Sandringham Football Club VFL Premiership (2004)
- Physiotherapist – Rugby World Cup (2003)
Choose a location to book an appointment now