Richard Saw has joined the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Clinic team in 2016 as a third year registrar with the Australasian College of Sports Physicians. Richard and OPSMC colleague Dr Peter Baquie are the team doctors for North Melbourne Football Club, and Richard is also the Chief Medical Officer with the AFL Umpires.
Richard has worked with a variety of sports with the Australian University Games team, including athletics, basketball, gymnastics, taekwondo, water polo, volleyball and badminton. Richard has also recently been touring as team doctor with the Australian Under 19s Cricket Team.
Outside if his work with elite sport, Richard enjoys seeing people with a variety of sports and exercise medicine complaints, of all ages and levels of activity.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Doctor- North Melbourne Football Club (Present)
- Chief Medical Officer- AFL Umpires (Present)
- Team Doctor – Australian Under 19s Cricket (Tours of England 2015, UAE 2016)
- Doctor- Australian World University Games Team (2015)
- Doctor- Richmond Football Club (2014–2015)
- AFL Doctors Association Fellowship (2014–2015)
- Doctor – AFL Victorian Metropolitan Under 16s (2014-2015)
- Event Doctor – World Children’s Games (2014)
- Doctor – AFL Northern Knights (TAC Cup) (2013–2014)
Research / Publications
Choose a location to book an appointment now