Phong Tran completed his undergraduate training at Monash University in 1999 and completed his training in orthopaedic surgery in 2007. In 2009, Phong undertook fellowship training in orthopaedic centres in Germany specialising in sports injuries and arthroscopic surgery. During 2010, he continued his fellowship training specialising in hip arthroscopy, femoracetabular impingement (FAI) and the anterior muscle sparing hip replacement.
Phong is the Head of the Orthopaedic Unit at Western Health and current Secretary of the Victorian branch of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Research / Publications
Professional Conference Presentations
- The outcome of hip arthroscopy for the treatment of recalcitrant greater trochanteric pain syndrome – James Drummond, Phong Tran
- Antibiotic guideline compliance and prevention of orthopaedic surgical site infection “how good are we and what is the impact?”, Janan Chandrananth, Phong Tran
- Histological and bone morphology of femoral cam lesions removed arthroscopically and relation to the growth plate in skeletally immature compared to mature – Cam Fary, Phong Tran
- Tranexamic acid and the anterior hip replacement approach “beyond blood loss. A double blinded, randomised control trial – Andrew Fraval, Phong Tran
- Local anaesthetic efficacy for hip arthroscopy – A randomized control trial – Dharsh Musiienko, Phong Tran
- Is the physiotherapy led arthroplasty review model safe and effective? – Lara Barnsley, Phong Tran
- Comparison of three different perioperative care models for patients with hip fractures within one health service – Austin Nguyen, Phong Tran
- Suit up: The impact of attire on patient perceptions of professionalism in a surgical outpatient setting – Tat Chao, Phong Tran
- Is there a safe range for cup positioning for total hip arthroplasty across different surgical approaches? – Dharsh Musiienko, Phong Tran
- The novel use of peripheral quantitative computed tomography in the presence of a polyester cast: accuracy and reproducibility – Michael Bullen, Phong Tran