Krishant’s love of medicine and sports was finally realised when he embarked on his career in sport and exercise medicine. Growing up in Fiji, he had a passion for sports from an early age. Through his undergraduate medical training at Melbourne University, he continued to pursue his love of hockey, football (soccer) and tennis. He completed clinical training, internship and residency at the Austin Hospital, with rotations to the Northern Hospital, Bendigo and Echuca. His love of musculoskeletal medicine was pursued with Basic Surgical Training with the Royal Australasian College of Surgery and then as an orthopaedic registrar at Western Health and the Northern Hospital. He then discovered the pathway to specialist training in sports and exercise medicine. He gained Fellowship of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Medicine in 2016.
He is passionate about his chosen speciality, In his private practice, he enjoys helping all patients to return from injury, using exercise and sport to optimise health and wellbeing. Special interests include paediatric sports medicine, bone health and overuse injuries such as tendinopathy and enthesopathy. Krish has a keen interest in adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.
Krish has worked as senior team doctor to Melbourne Victory Football Club since 2012. He has also worked with Melbourne Storm Rugby league, and Collingwood Football Club VFL team. He has enjoyed working with Athletics Australia’s youth development programs.
Outside of medicine, He enjoys family time with his wife and two children.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Team Doctor – Melbourne Victory Football Club (2010-Present)
- Team Doctor – Melbourne Storm Rugby League U20s (2012-2013)
- Team Doctor – Collingwood Football Club (VFL) (2010-2011)
Team Doctor – Melbourne Victory Youth Football (2010-2012)
- Youth Development Program Doctor – Athletics Australia (2011-2012) (including coverage of 2011 World Youth Championships Lille, France and 2012 World Junior Championships Barcelona, Spain)
Research / Publications
Professional Conference Presentations
- Conference Convener – Australasian College of Sports Physicians Registrar Conference 2012 Healesville, Victoria
- Australasian College of Sports Physicians Annual Scientific Conference, Wellington 2013. Latissimus dorsi tendon avulsions in cricketers, A Case Series and Literature review
- Australasian College of Sports Physicians Annual Scientific Conference. Couran Cove 2009. Naidu K, Chin T, Harris C, Talbot S. Atraumatic peroneal compartment syndrome after horse riding.
- Austrauma Conference. Sydney 2009. Krishant Naidu, Roger Westh. 5 year outcome of the Austin Moore Hemiarthroplasty.
- Austrauma Conference. Sydney 2009. Naidu K, Chin T, Harris C, Talbot S. Bilateral peroneal compartment syndrome after horse riding.
- Victorian Annual General Surgical Scientific and Fellowship Meeting. Traralgon 2008. Naidu KS, Westh R. 5 year outcome of the Austin Moore Hemiarthroplasty