Dr Andrew Aldous completed his undergraduate medical degree in 2008 at the University of Melbourne. He spent five years working in Western Australia gaining experience within the specialties of Orthopaedic Surgery and Emergency Medicine. Andrew commenced his training with the Australasian College of Sports Physicians in 2014.
Andrew completed his Masters of Sports Medicine in 2013 with a focus on concussion management and education, injury prevention through exercise and high altitude medicine. He has further developed his interests with experience in many other sports including hockey, golf, snow and water skiing, rowing, kite surfing, cycling and football. Andrew has a particular interest and has undertaken training in ultrasound to assist in diagnosis and management of common musculoskeletal ailments.
Andrew is determined to assist the general public to achieve their greatest sporting, physical and mental peak through regular and safe physical activity. He believes that a thorough understanding of the issue at hand with appropriate goal setting and advice provides the greatest opportunity for this to occur.
No referral is required to see Andrew but please bring any relevant scans or results to your appointment.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Medical Director – Sydney International Rowing Regatta (2016)
- Trip Doctor – AFL academy New Zealand tour (2016)
- Registrar Representative – Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians (2016)
- Event Doctor – Zatopek 10, Athletics Australia (2015)
- Doctor – Tennis Australia Showdown (2015)
- Team Doctor – Victorian AFL Country Under 16s (2014-Present)
- Team Doctor – Box Hill Hawks VFL side (2014)
- Trip Doctor – AFL Academy European tour (2014)
- Game day Doctor – Hawthorn Football Club (2014)
- Preferred Rowing Australia Doctor
- Gameday Doctor – WAFL (2013)
- Bussleton Ironman (2012)
Professional Conference Presentations
- A community based exercise program for Osteoarthritis of the knee – Registrar conference – Australasian College of Sports Physicians (2015)
- Concussion detection for first responders – Community information – Geelong Cats (2015)
- Community understanding of Concussion detection in an Auskick population – Registrar conference – Australasian College of Sports Physicians (2014)
- Lateral approach with Computer assisted surgery for total knee replacement with Uncorrectable Valgus – Western Australian – Australian Orthopaedic Association Scientific Meeting (2011)
Choose a location to book an appointment now