Who We Are
Founded in 1987, Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre (OPSMC) is committed to providing world-class sports medicine care for everyone, from the elite athlete to all members of the community, enabling active people to remain active throughout their life, for life. To deliver this to patients, OPSMC provides an environment that promotes excellence amongst our practitioners.
OPSMC’s internationally recognised sports and exercise medicine campuses offers patients state-of-the-art facilities, with expert services provided by a multi-disciplinary team of leading practitioners to professional athletes and all members of the public. Through an integrated team of over 70 practitioners, OPSMC provides preventative advice, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to assist you to return to your optimal health, activity and performance.
OPSMC maintains its leadership in the field of sports and exercise medicine across all disciplines through recruitment, training, research and ongoing education for our practitioners is a key priority. Those disciplines include Sport & Exercise Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Cardiology, Physiotherapy, Clinical Pilates, Women’s Health Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Nutrition/Dietetics, Psychology, Remedial Massage Therapy, Myotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Hand Therapy, Compartment Pressure Testing, Cycling Services, DorsaVi Move, Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Real-Time Ultrasound, Shockwave Therapy and a Sports Concussion Assessment Service.
OPSMC has campuses in Melbourne, Geelong and Warrnambool. In Melbourne, its Olympic Park campus is situated within the world-class Melbourne and Olympic Park Precinct. In Geelong, OPSMC is located within the Geelong CBD and in the heart of Geelong’s medical precinct. In Warrnambool, OPSMC is located within the St John of God Hospital precinct.
Why Choose Us?
We provide a patient-centred multi-disciplinary approach through integrated team solutions to your health, fitness and sporting goals allowing you to quickly and safely return to/improve on your active life.
Our team includes Sport & Exercise Medicine Physicians, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Dietitians, Psychologists, Remedial Massage Therapists, Myotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Clinical Pilates Instructors, Orthopaedic Surgeons & Sports Cardiologists.
From the elite athlete to all members of the community, our campuses provide you with:
- Multiple specialists across all relevant disciplines providing you with an integrated solution to your health, fitness and sporting goals;
- Over 70 expert practitioners with experience at all levels of sport, from local to elite teams and international representation;
- Leading practitioners in their disciplines by prioritising recruitment, training, research, ongoing education and events for our practitioners, including being an Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians educational training facility, and our associations with leading universities including La Trobe University and Deakin University;
- A team based approach to your personalised management plan using the latest evidence based approaches, patient exercise programs and technology;
- Specially trained and friendly receptionists who can guide you to the most appropriate service and related practitioner for your individual needs;
- State-of-the-art facilities including large gym spaces for rehabilitation;
- Easy access to campuses within Melbourne (Olympic Park), Geelong and Warrnambool, including free two-hour parking at Olympic Park;
- The first FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence in Australia.